Trove Tuesday: A Riebe Girl Under Attack

Riebe girls. They're survivors. They're strong.

We're strong.

My mum and her three sisters, and their daughters - we're all "Riebe Girls" (translation: don't-mess-with-me-or-my-family-or-you-will-be-sorry).

We stick up for ourselves and our families, and we stand up for what we believe.

Seems like we've had good reason ... (and Miss Mary Riebe may just have heeded the same advice we've been given over the years - God gave you knees for a reason, girls):

1899 'ITEMS OF NEWS.', Kalgoorlie Miner (WA : 1895 - 1950), 2 January, p. 4, viewed 24 September, 2013, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article88156682
Miss Mary Riebe was my great-great-grandfather's sister. And A. Janeczek was their uncle (their mother's brother).

I had previously written about the Janeczek's during the A to Z Challenge in April.

Labels: , ,